Best Electric Percolator Reviews
So, you’re looking for the best electric coffee percolator?
You’ve come to the right place.
Percolators were once the most popular method of brewing coffee, but all that changed in the 1970s, with the introduction of drip coffee makers.
Sure, drip coffee is easy and convenient, but most coffee aficionados agree that the percolator produces a far superior cup of coffee. Before we take a closer look at some of the best electric percolator reviews, let’s dive into why you should use a percolator and what exactly a percolator is.
Top Rated Coffee Percolators
Why Should You Use a Percolator?
There are many options out there, why should you use a percolator?
- Very easy to use: If you love a fresh cup of coffee, then brewing one with a percolator is a breeze.
- Can brew a large amount of coffee: If you have friends or family coming over you can brew one pot for everyone.
- Great Taste: With a percolator you can brew a great cup of coffee with a rich flavor.
- Mobile & Compact: After brewing your coffee you can take the percolator with you and enjoy a hot and fresh coffee. It's also not very big, so your counter will thank you for that.
So, What’s A Percolator?
Making coffee in a percolator may be the most involved coffee brewing method.
It doesn’t take a degree in rocket science to use one, but the processes that are occurring inside the machine are interesting.
Inside of a percolator there are two chambers:
- The top chamber contains ground coffee and a coffee filter
- The bottom chamber contains the water you’ll use to brew your coffee with.
- Underneath these two chambers, there’s a heating element (in the case of an electric percolator).
Stove-pot percolators don’t have a heating element, and instead, you put them on a stove or hot plate to heat the water.
A long tube runs from the bottom of the percolator to the top. As the water in the bottom chamber boils, the water is forced up through the long tube, and the hot water is then distributed over the top of the ground coffee before it’s returned to the bottom chamber.
What to Look for When Buying a Percolator
The main 2 things you need to look for when buying a coffee percolator are:
- Brew Capacity: Depending on your needs you need to decide on the capacity that is right for you. In case you're heavy drinkers (like me) you should buy a large one, otherwise a small percolator will be good.
- Price: Obviously you should choose the percolator that gives you the best trade off between your needs and price. In general percolators are not expensive so it's not a big worry.
The 3 Best Electric Coffee Percolators
There’s plenty of great options available for you. Let’s take a look at some different percolators that are very popular.
If you’re ready to make the jump to an electric percolator, these models will make a fine choice for you. The best electric coffee percolator for you will depend on your individual needs.
If you’re looking for basic functionality and a delicious no-frills cup of coffee, then the Presto model may be best for you.
Regardless of the model you choose, you’re well on your way to enjoying delicious, percolated coffee!